Monday, June 18, 2012

Workshops for schools

I haven't been posting too much recently, because I have been busy with my workshops and I have been away from home most of the time. Since 2000 every spring I have been teaching the Camera Obscura and Pinhole Photography workshops for public school students, under Ontario Arts Council Artist in Education grant. It's a five-day workshop where kids learn a little bit about optics and history of photography, they get inside my walk-in, mobile Camera Obscura, and they take their own pinhole photographs, which I develop in my portable darkroom, which travels to schools with me. It's been fun to do it, but slowly I will have to end this activity, because I am getting too busy with all the new projects, exhibitions, plans for books, etc.
The big green box is my portable darkroom, the cardboard box in the front is a small simple Camera Obscura, the small green boxes in the back are my HoleMagic pinhole cameras, which students use for taking pictures.

And this is my mobile Camera Obscura on its way to one of the schools.
Kids inside Camera Obscura

No comments:

Post a Comment